Saturday, October 1, 2011

September

September was a crazy month. First off  was Rory's birthday.  He is officially 28 now. (Wow, such an old man!) Because he is so into guns and shooting, I thought it was only appropriate to make a special cake for him. This was the first time I ever attempted to use fondant on a cake and the results weren't too bad for a first timer. I tried to make a target, and the picture doesn't really do it justice. It looked so much better without the candles on it. It could've used some red fondant instead too for the target. Anyhow, now I know for next time.
We celebrated at moms and Rory was so excited to get a cool laser to place on one of his pistols. Yay!

I think it is safe to say that he had a good birthday. :) The next day Ethan started school...preschool that is! He was so excited and had been looking forward to this day for quite a while. He's not a morning person, but he jumped out of bed that day.
What a big boy he is getting to be! He also started up a karate class!We thought it would be good discipline and great character building for him. Plus at first, he really loved it. He met up with them two times a week and they practiced kicks and punches. He looked like such a little stud in his gear!
doing those crunches!
He's in the far corner
After class one day.

 September was also the month for Jacob's 9 month check up! I was about to say that I can't believe he is growing so fast, but I remember it being this way with Ethan too. At his well-care checkup he was:
Height: 30 in
Weight: 22.13
Here's my growing little dude at 9 months sleeping peacefully.





























No comments: