Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Olympic National Forest 8/15/09

So this last weekend was our 6 year anniversary, and Rory and I decided to head over to western washington to get away and relax a bit. Things were getting stressful at home, and we hadn't really been able to spend much time with each other, so we both took a couple days off work and headed to Seattle on Friday. Most of Friday, our actual anniversary was spent on the road, and we got into Quinault River Inn at about 9:30pm. It's on the tip of the Olympic National Forest, and we were going to go hiking along some of the trails up there. The pictures and information we had gotten said it was like a rainforest, so we were anxious to see it all. So here's just a few pictures from our first day, which we hiked about 5 miles total.

Thumbs up mom!





I love this pic. I think it's my favorite!


What a strong man!






What a good looking couple!



Daddy and Ethan standing next to the worlds largest Sitka Spruce Tree.



Look at me! I'm a tree hugger!

No comments: