Sunday, March 29, 2009

Car 101

On Thursday I was getting ready to leave for work and had Ethan loaded in the car, and when I turned the key....nothing. My battery was dead and to make a short story even shorter, my dad came and got it going again. That night when Rory got home and he heard what had happened, he decided it was time for a lesson in cars. He showed me where he has a battery charger and where to hook it. (Red is positive, Red is positive......) Then when I was thinking the lesson was over, he decided that I also should watch him change a tire. (I've seen it before, just never had to actually do it myself) So I watched him go through the whole process, and felt great that he was trying to make sure his 'woman' could take care of herself. So after the lectures I had to take some pictures to post. But once Rory seems to get on a roll, there's no stopping. lol. Not only did I get those lessons, but when we got in the house and was ready to eat, he decided to tell me how an engine works, and how a diesel engine is different...honestly, he lost my focus about the time he mentioned pistons (which was at the beginning). Ethan was right along for the show too, but I don't think he remembers anything.

No comments: