Thursday, November 13, 2008

Blessings

Today I was looking through some family pictures, and felt so much love and happiness that I had to share. I am such a lucky girl. I have such a wonderful husband, who is so loving and hard working. I think I take him for granted a lot. Don't all wives and husbands? Thinking back the last couple days, I just have to smile. Yesterday when Rory got home from work, he snuck in really quiet and hid in the laundry room so I couldn't see him...then he called my phone, (which was in the laundry room too) I had a sneaky suspicion that he was in there, but just walked in singing along with the ringtone, and looked to the side where Rory was standing in the corner on top of his lunch box... I said hey baby, and that was it. He was a little disappointed that I didn't get scared, but he put a smile on my face. Today just picturing him in the corner on that small lunch box makes me laugh. He's so goofy, and I LOVE IT! I don't think very many people know the real Rory. These last few days Rory's talked me into playing Halo2 with him on the xbox. I'm not that big on war/alien games, but I have loved playing with Rory. It takes me back to carefree days when we had all the time in the world together, and didn't worry about dishes, and dirty diapers. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Ethan to death, but sometimes it's nice to just spend some time with my husband and remember back to how it all started. So Rory, if you're reading this, I love you SO much, and I hope you know just how much I appreciate all you do for me and Ethan. You are a great Father, friend, and husband and I will love you forever!

No comments: